Thursday 18 February 2010

Installing Age Of Empire III

Problem

There was one day when my friend lend me a Chinese-traditional version of Age Of Empire III and then when I tried install it, it give me this error message "1628 failed to complete installation" right after click the "Install" button.

Tried search on the net and found from Microsoft help page titled "Microsoft Games: InstallShield Error Messages"

However, none of the method worked. Then I tried to find possible solution at www.baidu.com

Solution

The problem was that the setting on "Regional and Language option" -> "Language for non-Unicode program" was on chinese(PRC)

Method 1
Use "Microsoft AppLocale" on the autorun.exe using Chinese-Traditional

Method 2
Change from control panel "Regional and Language option" -> "Language for non-Unicode program" to Chinese(PRC) and restart. Then start install again

Computer OS
Windows xp sp3 Chinese simplified version

No comments:

Post a Comment